John W. Lewis, IIFounding Member412.918.1122
Corporate Transactions and Securities
Personal Client Services
Mergers and Acquisitions
Business Succession Planning
BiographyWorth magazine recently named John one of the Top 100 Attorneys in the United States. John has a diverse business practice, and his primary role is interfacing with clients, kno...
Worth magazine recently named John one of the Top 100 Attorneys in the United States. John has a diverse business practice, and his primary role is interfacing with clients, knowing their businesses, and keeping them out of legal jams. When he's not handling the purchase or sale of a company, or counseling clients on corporate legal issues, John is battling uphill on a bicycle (he is a 100 Mile Century Event Rider).
He is on the Executive Committee for Metz Lewis, and is one of the firm's original members. "The firm is a critical part of my life," John says. "I want to see it do well, see it get better every day."
- Represented management owned software services company in sale to NASDAQ company for $170 million cash and equity.
- Represented private equity group in $87 million recapitalization of portfolio of clothing products manufacturer.
- Represented management team in equity position and employment contracts involving diversified rail services company acquisition.
- Represented founder of rail construction company in $24 million sale process involving strategic and private equity buyers.
- Represented food product manufacturer in corporate restructuring to accomplish succession planning and estate tax savings objective.
- Represented automotive parts manufacturer in acquisition of manufacturing facility from a Chapter 11 bankruptcy seller involving union collective bargaining agreements, environmental and product liability issues.
- Represented online marketplace company in sale to NYSE company for $22 million involving cash, buyer stock, and contingent earn-out payments.
- Represented numerous clients in structuring legally permissible asset protection strategies, including use of foreign situs trusts and other entities.
- Represented a 50% shareholder in split-up of $60 million revenue construction and real estate business involving litigation between family members.
- Selected by Worth magazine as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in the United States
- Recognized as an AV® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review
- First recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in 2005
- 1998 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
Member of the Executive Committee
- 1985 Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C.
Corporate Group Chair, 1994-1998
- 1983 Arthur Andersen & Co., Tax Department
- 1983 J.D., West Virginia University
Executive Editor, West Virginia University Law Review
- 1980 B.S., Wheeling Jesuit University
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania