Joshua D. BakerAssociate412.918.1149
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Commercial Lending, Creditors Rights Workout and Bankruptcy
Energy and Real Estate
Complex and Commercial Business Litigation
Oil and Gas Leasing and Litigation
BiographyJosh has a diverse practice with a primary focus on commercial and bank-related litigation. He represents individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and corporate clients in all t...
Josh has a diverse practice with a primary focus on commercial and bank-related litigation. He represents individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and corporate clients in all types of business disputes, ranging from breach of contract to real estate matters. He also represents banks, mortgage servicers, and businesses in commercial litigation and related banking matters, including lender liability defense, mortgage foreclosure actions, workouts, and related finance issues. In addition, Josh is heavily involved in all areas of the Marcellus Shale and its play across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He represents landowners in lease negotiations, litigation and advises on all oil and gas related issues.
Josh met his wife, Caitlin, at Allegheny College. They live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh with their new son, Jack.
- Represented accountant in state court action for breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, and other malpractice claims.
- Represented financial advisor and brokerage firm before FINRA for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and negligence claims.
- Represented employer against former employees in state court action for wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Represented international manufacturer and American subsidiary in federal court for breach of contract that resulted in total dismissal of all claims.
- Represented national bank in federal bankruptcy court that led to dismissal of all claims, including claims for violations of TILA, RESPA, and HOEPA.
- Represented national bank in multimillion dollar workout that resulted in returning loan to performance after years of default.
- Represented national and regional banking institutions in obtaining summary judgment awards and favorable terminations.
- Represented financial institutions and mortgage loan servicers in all types of consumer protection related claims in state and federal courts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Select Reported Decision
Stewart v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 473 B.R. 612 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2012)
Bakery Barn, Inc. v. A.E. Nielsen Maskinfabrik ApS,2013 WL 2237686 (W.D. Pa. 2013).
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Young Professionals
- Co-Author, "Using Technology to Reduce E-Discovery Costs."For The Defense, January 2010
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Family Law Appellate Pro Bono Program
- 2010 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2009 Mintzer Sarowitz Zeris Ledva & Meyers LLP
- 2009 J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
Editor, West Virginia University Law Review
Note, "Relics or Relevant?: The Value of the Modern Law Review," 111 W.VA. L. REV. 919(2009).
- 2006 B.A., cum laude, Allegheny College
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia