Joshua D. BakerAssociate412.918.1149
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Commercial Lending, Creditors Rights Workout and Bankruptcy
Energy and Real Estate
Complex and Commercial Business Litigation
Oil and Gas Leasing and Litigation
BiographyJosh has a diverse practice with a primary focus on commercial litigation, including contract disputes, business torts, and the preservation and discovery of electronically stor...
Josh has a diverse practice with a primary focus on commercial
litigation, including contract disputes, business torts, and the
preservation and discovery of electronically stored information.
He also represents financial institutions and businesses in
commercial litigation and related banking matters. In
addition, Josh is heavily involved in all areas of the Marcellus
Shale and its play across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
He represents landowners in lease negotiations and advises on
all oil and gas related issues.
Josh met his wife, Caitlin, at Allegheny College. They live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh.
- Represented accountant in state court action for breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, and other malpractice claims
- Represented financial advisor and brokerage firm before FINRA for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and negligence claims
- Represented employer against former employees in state court action for breach of contract
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Co-Author, "Using Technology to Reduce E-Discovery Costs," For The Defense, January 2010
- Member, Pittsburgh Young Professionals
- 2010 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2009 Mintzer Sarowitz Zeris Ledva & Meyers LLP
- 2009 J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
Editor, West Virginia University Law Review
Note, "Relics or Relevant?: The Value of the Modern Law Review," 111 W.VA. L. REV. 919(2009).
- 2006 B.A., cum laude, Allegheny College
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia