Jessica Hauth is an intellectual property lawyer focusing on the protection of technology and business assets involving patents, trademarks and copyrights.
Her practice includes preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications; conducting due diligence regarding IP assets and ownership; portfolio management; preparing opinions concerning infringement, right to use and availability of patents and trademarks; and advising clients on IP asset protection. Jessica also enforces and protects IP assets in court through litigation.
Her experience covers many areas of technology, including medical devices, biotechnology, biosciences, therapeutics, pharmaceuticals, chemical formulations and treatments, mechanical devices and web systems.
- Conducted due diligence review of patent rights worldwide for global chemicals and materials producer
- Organized and maintained global patent portfolio of various medical device companies
- Represented major generic drug company in numerous cases challenging the patents on brand-name drugs
- Successfully invalidated a pharmaceutical drug patent following trial on behalf of a major generic drug company
- Represented patent owner in infringement litigation regarding hurricane protection technology
- Conducted inventorship determination for a private university for a biotechnology patent application
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property, Science & Technology sections)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- BioFlorida (Miami-Broward Chapter Leadership Team past member)
- American Chemical Society (past member)
- 2015 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2013 McGuireWoods LLP
- 2008 Malloy & Malloy, P.L.
- 2008 J.D., University of Miami
- 2005 M.S., Emory University (Biological & Biomedical Sciences)
- 2003 B.S., Emory University (Chemistry)
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida