John Shivickas is a member in the firm’s Real Estate group.
Throughout his career, he has advised clients in connection with the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development and financing of a wide variety of asset types, including multifamily developments, office buildings, hotels and resorts, restaurants, retail projects and industrial facilities. John has also represented sponsors, developers and investors with respect to the formation of, and investments in, real estate joint ventures and investment funds.
- Restaurant operator in the lease and development of approximately 9,000 sq. ft. in the Cultural District in Pittsburgh, PA
- Investor in the acquisition and disposition of various single-tenant NNN lease properties
- Lender in making loans of $126 million and $167 million to finance the development of a hotel in Chicago, IL and retail center in Kapolei, HI, respectively
- Private equity sponsor in the formation of an international agricultural real estate fund
- Developer in obtaining air rights and construction financing for the development of an office tower in Chicago, IL
- Large institutional lender, as administrative agent, in secured and unsecured revolving credit facilities for public and private REITs
- Sponsor in the acquisition, disposition and financing of several multifamily developments, retail centers and industrial facilities throughout the U.S.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Real Property Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- 2014 Dentons US LLP
- 2013 McDonald’s Corporation
- 2007 Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- 2005 D., Fordham University School of Law
- 2001 A., University of Virginia
- New York