Kenneth Kornacki advises businesses in all aspects of labor and employment law and represents clients in commercial litigation disputes.
With a strong focus on risk mitigation, Ken works with clients to develop and effectively implement employment policies that protect employers’ interests and help them grow their businesses. He is experienced in conducting internal investigations, providing employee and management training, and advises clients on the ever-changing rules and regulations of the workplace. Ken’s broad experience in commercial litigation gives him the unique perspective of knowing how to avoid protracted legal disputes, but also how to advocate for his clients when it is necessary to defend their rights and interests in court.
Ken’s litigation practice involves all areas of commercial business with a focus on employment matters. He has successfully represented clients’ interests in breach of contract claims, employment discrimination litigation, enforcing restrictive covenants, business torts, trademark and trade name infringement, insurance coverage disputes, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Ken has advocated for his clients before the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals, argued before an en banc panel of the Pennsylvania Superior Court, and regularly tries cases in both state and federal courts. Ken has successfully represented clients in administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, Mine Safety and Health Administration, and Unemployment Compensation Board of Review. He is also experienced in negotiating resolutions in mediations and litigating in alternative forums such as private arbitrations.
- Obtained summary judgment for local college against charge of race, gender, and disability discrimination and counts brought under federal and state civil rights laws and the Family Medical Leave Act
- Defended medical device service supplier against charge of tortious interference arising from employment matters
- Obtained substantial jury verdict for manufacturer in warranty actions regarding defective commercial equipment
- Obtained private arbitration award and successfully defended breach of contract claim in construction litigation dispute
- Represented major Western Pennsylvania health insurers in coverage and claims disputes, including ERISA benefits litigation and fraudulent reimbursement matters
- Represented insurance brokers in actions alleging breach of the duty of care and negligence in procuring coverage.
- Represented clients in trademark and trade name infringement litigation.
- Represented clients in shareholder disputes, including actions alleging freeze out of minority shareholders and actions to dissolve and liquidate active companies.
- Represented adoption agencies and adoptive parents throughout the adoption process.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2008 and 2014
- Legal extern for Judge William Cercone of the Pennsylvania Superior Court
- 1999: J.D., cum laude, University of Pittsburgh
- 1996: B.A., Political Science, Pennsylvania State University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio