Metz Lewis seeks to hire an Associate to join its Banking practice group.
Metz Lewis is a Pittsburgh-based law firm with a reputation for delivering sophisticated and practical legal advice to its corporate and banking clients.
We are currently searching for a Financial Services/Banking Associate who is interested in being based in Pittsburgh, although the firm has adopted a hybrid office policy. This position entails working in a dynamic practice group which represents both lenders and borrowers in sophisticated loan transactions, from credit approval through due diligence and closing of the loan. This includes providing advice and counsel on loan structure, and the negotiation and preparation of documentation, for a wide array of commercial lending transactions. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work at an award-winning firm that values teamwork and innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Secured and unsecured revolving and term loans
- Asset-based loans
- Commercial real estate loans (bank, life company, Agency, and CMBS)
- Construction loans
- Subordinated loan and mezzanine loan transactions
- Equipment finance
- Participations (both on behalf of the lead and on behalf of the participating lenders)
- Intercreditor arrangements
- Perfection of security interests involving a full range of financing transactions
- At least 1 year of legal experience working on commercial loan transactions
- Ability to organize/prioritize, and handle multiple time sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Performance-based bonuses
Work location: Pittsburgh, hybrid schedule optional
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Metz Lewis
Metz Lewis provides best-in-class service, at highly competitive rates, and offers an ideal platform to grow a practice that is primarily focused on assisting clients in the tri-state region. We pride ourselves on a culture of client service, being good partners (among our lawyers and with our clients), and helping lawyers achieve their professional goals. Metz Lewis has been consistently ranked a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.