Metz Lewis seeks to hire a highly motivated attorney for its rapidly growing Real Estate Group
Metz Lewis is a Pittsburgh-based law firm with a reputation for delivery of sophisticated legal advisory to its middle market business and banking client base.
We are currently searching for a Real Estate Associate who is interested in being based in Pittsburgh, although the firm has adopted a hybrid office policy. This position will entail working in a fast-growing practice group with a wide range of corporate, private equity and individual real estate clients on a variety of transactions. The Real Estate group offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment, with the ability to regularly work on interesting projects. The group also provides regular support for Metz Lewis’ highly active M&A practice, on the front-end strategic planning phase of a deal, throughout due diligence, and negotiating operative transaction documents. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic real estate group and to build a successful career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and negotiating purchase agreements, acquisition loan documents (industrial, multi-family, office and retail properties)
- Title and survey matters attendant with such matters
- Drafting and negotiating lease agreements for office (retail and industrial properties)
- 3 years of legal experience in commercial real estate transactions or a related field – (fewer years may be considered if such experience has sufficient depth and quality)
- Ability to organize/prioritize, and handle multiple time sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Hybrid work schedule
- Performance-based bonus
* When applying, please upload a list of your commercial real estate transaction experience in addition to your resume
Work location: Pittsburgh, hybrid schedule optional
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Metz Lewis
Metz Lewis provides best-in-class service, at highly competitive rates, and offers an ideal platform to grow a practice that is primarily focused on assisting clients in the tri-state region. We pride ourselves on a culture of hard work, being good partners (among our lawyers and with our clients), and helping lawyers achieve their professional goals. Metz Lewis has been consistently ranked a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Search firms with a current preferred agreement in place with Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC may submit resumes directly to Recruiting Manager. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.