George Riley Thomas IIMember412.918.1117
Practice GroupsCorporate Transactions and Securities
Mergers and Acquisitions
Technology Licensing and Related Matters
BiographyGeorge has extensive experience in stock and asset purchase transactions, representing both buyers and sellers. He’s been involved in structuring numerous entities, as well as a...
George has extensive experience in stock and asset purchase
transactions, representing both buyers and sellers. He's been
involved in structuring numerous entities, as well as advising
companies in all aspects of their daily operations.
George also counsels companies and investors on pre-IPO corporate finance, including equity and debt offerings. Most often, he represents issuers and investors in private equity and venture capital financing.
He has also been involved in the formation of various investment funds, including venture and hedge funds. In addition, George has been involved in drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements, licenses, and other technology-related agreements, serving clients in a wide range of industries.
George studied modern European history before going into law. He enjoys traveling, reading, and watching classic films.
- Represented a distributor of industrial rubber products in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- Represented an automobile parts manufacturer in the divestment of a manufacturing facility.
- Represented a client in the strategic acquisition of a Canadian toner cartridge remanufacturer and various other add-on acquisitions.
- Represented shareholders in the sale of all outstanding stock of a scaffolding company to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented an internet application developer in a restructuring and equity investment transaction.
- Represented a biotechnology company in the sale of various rounds of preferred stock and various restructuring transactions.
- Represented a publicly-traded chemical and basic materials manufacturer in negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements and technology licenses.
- Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Allen Guthrie & Thomas, PLLC
- 1996 J.D., University of Michigan
- 1993 A.B., cum laude, Harvard University
- West Virginia (inactive)
- District of Columbia