Brian Golias counsels lenders and banking clients with respect to structuring and closing asset-based and leverage-based loans, workouts, and restructuring of non-performing loans, including advising clients of Uniform Commercial Code and secured transaction issues.
Brian has extensive experience representing clients in complex operational and joint venture projects in both the United States and in foreign jurisdictions. He represented a trading company in connection with planning and negotiating its involvement as the operator of energy production facilities as well as negotiating distribution, supply, marketing and agency agreements necessary for the trading company to act as the facility operator. Additionally, Brian assisted a manufacturer in structuring and negotiating a joint venture agreement and related technology license agreements, supply agreements, and distribution agreements, which allowed the manufacturer to expand its operations into Asia.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Grand Knight, Knights of Columbus, St. Kilian Council
- 2011 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 1998 J.D., magna cum laude, Duquesne University Editor-in-Chief, Duquesne Business Law Journal Executive Recent Decisions Editor, Duquesne Law Review
- 1994 B.A., cum laude, Economics, Duquesne University