Brian is a member of the firm’s Energy, Real Estate and Litigation practice groups.
He primarily focuses on counseling multiple energy, oil, gas and mineral-related clients on transaction matters as they relate to high-volume transactions, title issues, opinions and division order title opinions in the Appalachian Basin.
Some of Brian’s experiences include: facilitating due diligence and review of assets for a merger and acquisition of a private oil and gas company into a publicly traded company; drafting and reviewing acquisition-related documents such as memorandum of leases, assignment of leases, purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, ratifications and midstream agreements; assisting client in leasing and permitting for carbon capture and sequestration project (CCS); assisting oil and gas companies in litigation matters including but not limited to oil and gas royalty payment disputes, ambiguous language disputes and preliminary injunctions; preparing drilling title opinions for many oil and gas companies in the Appalachian Basin and preparing division order title opinions for several oil and gas companies in the Appalachian Basin.
He also advises buyers and sellers in residential and commercial real estate transactions. Brian was selected to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars in 2016, 2018, and 2020-2023 with distinction in the field of Energy & Natural Resources; Real Estate: Business.
- Asset Acquisitions and divestitures
- Real Estate Acquisitions and divestitures
- Due Diligence
- Commercial Agreements
- Oil and Gas Agreements
- Oil and Gas Litigation support
- Title Opinions
- Division Order Title Opinions
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- National Association of Division Order Analysts (NADOA)
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Energy Mineral Law Foundation (EMLF)
- 2010 J.D., Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University
- 2007 B.S. , Miami University, Accounting
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia