George Riley Thomas concentrates his practice in negotiating and structuring mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, representing private equity and strategic buyers and sellers across a wide range of industries and business types.
George also represents companies and investors on pre-IPO corporate finance, including equity and debt offerings.
In addition to his transactional-based practice, George regularly counsels business clients in connection with a wide array of corporate governance and commercial business law matters. He interacts frequently with the boards and leadership teams of his clients.
After a period working in Washington, D.C., George returned to Pittsburgh in 2002. George studied modern European history before going into law. He enjoys traveling, reading, the arts, and classic film.
- Represented a distributor of industrial rubber products in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- Represented an automobile parts manufacturer in the divestment of a manufacturing facility.
- Represented a client in the strategic acquisition of a Canadian toner cartridge remanufacturer and various other add-on acquisitions.
- Represented shareholders in the sale of all outstanding stock of a scaffolding company to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented an internet application developer in a restructuring and equity investment transaction.
- Represented a biotechnology company in the sale of various rounds of preferred stock and various restructuring transactions.
- Represented a publicly-traded chemical and basic materials manufacturer in negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements and technology licenses.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
- Technology Licensing and Related Matters
- Commercial Matters
- Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP (Washington, D.C. and Northern VA)
- Reed Smith LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- Allen Guthrie & Thomas, PLLC (Charleston, WV)
- 1996: J.D., University of Michigan
- 1993: A.B., cum laude, European History, Harvard University
- New York
- West Virginia (inactive)
- District of Columbia