James Ginsburg’s practice primarily consists of real estate leasing, real estate financing, and real estate acquisitions and sales throughout the United States and Canada in various industries.
Additionally, Jay provides clients with general corporate guidance.
- REAL ESTATE LEASING
- Represented industrial supplier in connection with sublease of 27 acre multi-building facility.
- Represented national insurance company in negotiating leases for satellite offices and regional headquarters.
- Represented corporation in negotiating industrial leases throughout North America.
- Represented regional landlord in negotiating leases for 100,000+ sq. ft. office buildings.
- Represented regional strip mall operator in negotiating retail leases.
- ACQUISITIONS AND SALES OF COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
- Represented financial institution seller in disposition of 40 unit mixed-use apartment building.
- Represented regional manufacturer in connection with acquisition of vacant land and construction of a 50,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility.
- Represented developer in acquisition of 74 improved vacant residential lots in planned housing development.
- Represented regional floor and carpet retailer in purchases and sales of warehouse facilities.
- Represented regional parking garage operator in purchases and sales of parking garage structures.
- REAL ESTATE FINANCE
- Represented lender in $17,000,000 refinancing of multi-tenant industrial warehouse.
- Represented agent lender in $54,200,000 syndicated construction loan for mixed-use apartment building.
- Represented lender in $42,000,000 construction loan for condominium project secured by ground lease mortgage.
- Represented lender in $21,000,000 acquisition and development loan to seven entity TIC borrower for industrial park.
- Represented developer in $4,000,000 construction loan for condominium project.
- COMMERCIAL LOAN WORKOUTS
- Represented lender in $67,000,000 Forbearance Agreement with national home builder involving seven projects
- Represented lender in $7,000,000 Deed in lieu of Foreclosure Agreement of retail strip mall
- Represented lender in restructuring $5,000,000 loan secured by three apartment complexes
- Represented lender in $2,000,000 short sale of apartment building
- Represented lender in $6,000,000 Deed in lieu of Foreclosure Agreement of partially completed residential subdivision
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- NAIOP, Pittsburgh Chapter
- 2010 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2008 Dykema Gossett, PLLC
- 2006 Schwartz Cooper Chartered
- 2004 J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law
- 2001 M.B.A., Duquesne University John F. Donahue Graduate School of Business
- 2001 B.A., cum laude, Duquesne University
- West Virginia (inactive)
- Illinois (inactive)