Joshua Baker has a diverse practice with a primary focus on commercial and bank-related litigation.
He represents individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and corporate clients in all types of business disputes, ranging from breach of contract to real estate matters. He also represents banks, mortgage servicers, and businesses in commercial litigation and related banking matters, including lender liability defense, mortgage foreclosure actions, workouts, and related finance issues. He also has significant experience representing both employers and employees with respect to employment agreements and their enforceability.
In addition, Josh is heavily involved in all areas of the Marcellus Shale and its play across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He represents landowners in lease negotiations, litigation and advises on all oil and gas related issues.
Josh met his wife, Caitlin, at Allegheny College. They live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh and have two children.
- Represented accountant in state court action for breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, and other malpractice claims.
- Represented financial advisor and brokerage firm before FINRA for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and negligence claims.
- Represented employer against former employees in state court action for wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Represented international manufacturer and American subsidiary in federal court for breach of contract that resulted in total dismissal of all claims.
- Represented national bank in federal bankruptcy court that led to dismissal of all claims, including claims for violations of TILA, RESPA, and HOEPA.
- Represented national bank in multimillion dollar workout that resulted in returning loan to performance after years of default.
- Represented national and regional banking institutions in obtaining summary judgment awards and favorable terminations.
- Represented financial institutions and mortgage loan servicers in all types of consumer protection related claims in state and federal courts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Represented multiple employers and employees in the enforcement of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements.
- Stewart v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 473 B.R. 612 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2012)
- Bakery Barn, Inc. v. A.E. Nielsen Maskinfabrik ApS, 2013 WL 2237686 (W.D. Pa. 2013).
- Warren Industries, Inc. v. PMG Indiana Corporation and PMG Ohio Corporation, 2014 WL 5705011 (E.D. Mich. 2014)
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Young Professionals
- Co-Author, “Using Technology to Reduce E-Discovery Costs.” For The Defense, January 2010
- Recognized for a Pennsylvania Rising Star (2014-2016)
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Family Law Appellate Pro Bono Program
- 2010: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2009: Mintzer Sarowitz Zeris Ledva & Meyers LLP
- 2009: D., West Virginia University College of Law Editor, West Virginia University Law Review Note, “Relics or Relevant?: The Value of the Modern Law Review,” 111 W.VA.L.REV. 919 (2009).
- 2006: A., cum laude, Allegheny College
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia