Joshua Baker has a diverse practice and represents individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and corporate clients in all types of business disputes.
His vast experience includes: breach of contract, breach of warranty, real estate matters, product liability, shareholder disputes, directors and officers liability, employment liability, and defense of professional malpractice claims. He also has significant experience representing employees and employers on employment agreements, non-competes, and confidential and trade secret information. Josh is also heavily involved in all areas of Marcellus Shale and its play across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He represents clients in lease negotiations, litigation, and advising on all oil and gas related issues.
Josh is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Tax Court. He has represented taxpayers and captive insurance companies under audit and examination by the Internal Revenue Service.
Josh met his wife, Caitlin, at Allegheny College. They live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh and have two children.
- Represented accountant in state court action for breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, and other professional malpractice claims.
- Represented financial advisor and brokerage firm before FINRA for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and negligence claims.
- Represented employer against former employees in state court action for wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Represented international manufacturer and American subsidiary in federal court for breach of contract that resulted in total dismissal of all claims.
- Represented national bank in federal bankruptcy court that led to dismissal of all claims, including claims for violations of TILA, RESPA, and HOEPA.
- Represented national bank in multimillion dollar workout that resulted in returning loan to performance after years of default.
- Represented roofing manufacturers and contractors in alleged roofing failure and contractor error disputes.
- Represented taxpayers and captive insurance companies under examination by the Internal Revenue Service in U.S. Tax Court.
- Represented multiple employers and employees in the enforcement of noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements.
- Stewart v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 473 B.R. 612 (Bankr. W.D. Pa. 2012)
- Bakery Barn, Inc. v. A.E. Nielsen Maskinfabrik ApS, 2013 WL 2237686 (W.D. Pa. 2013)
- Warren Industries, Inc. v. PMG Indiana Corporation and PMG Ohio Corporation, 2014 WL 5705011 (E.D. Mich. 2014)
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Young Professionals
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Family Law Appellate Pro Bono Program
- Recognized for a Pennsylvania Rising Star in Commercial Litigation (2014-2019)
- 2010: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2009: Mintzer Sarowitz Zeris Ledva & Meyers LLP
- 2009: J.D., West Virginia University College of Law Editor, West Virginia University Law Review Note, “Relics or Relevant?: The Value of the Modern Law Review,” 111 W.VA.L.REV. 919 (2009).
- 2006: B.A., cum laude, Allegheny College
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Courts for the Western and Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Tax Court