Justin Tuskan is an Member in the firm’s Litigation and Banking practice groups.
He has represented a broad range of clients in both state and federal courts in diverse complex and commercial business litigation matters including asset acquisition disputes, actions to enforce real estate purchase and sale agreements, construction claims, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of contract actions.
A significant portion of Justin’s practice also entails representation of banks, debt collectors, and other financial institutions in litigation and related finance matters, including lender liability defense, FDCPA, TCPA, and FCRA defense, mortgage foreclosure actions, collections, and loan workouts.
- Obtained highly favorable judgment in bankruptcy court adversary proceeding protecting over $5 million worth of assets for client that had recently acquired new company.
- Successfully represented national banking institution in contested mortgage foreclosure action that led to resolution of all claims, including alleged violations of TILA, RESPA, and HOEPA.
- Defended numerous lawsuits, including class actions, filed against debt collectors, accounts receivable management firms, and other businesses for violations of the FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA and UDAAP.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against energy resource company in quiet title and breach of oil and gas lease agreement action, which was affirmed by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented multiple secured creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcies, mortgage foreclosures, and other state and federal court loan enforcement proceedings.
- Creditor's Rights Workout and Bankruptcy
- Financial Services Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Super Lawyer Rising Star (2015. 2018-2021)
- ACA International
- 2013 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
- 2011 Keevican Weiss Bauerle & Hirsch LLC
- Legal extern for the Honorable Terrence F. McVerry, District Judge of the United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- 2011 JD, magna cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law; Executive Articles Editor, Duquesne Law Review
- 2008 BA, summa cum laude, The Catholic University of America
- US. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- US. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit