Larry Blair, an attorney and Certified Public Accountant, practices tax, business, estate and financial planning law, providing counsel to corporate executives, high net worth individuals, and businesses and their owners.
He has extensive experience in the complex tax and wealth preservation situations facing high net worth individuals who are corporate executives or business owners. He represents both individuals and businesses in a broad array of federal, state and local tax matters and provides advice and representation to clients in tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax authorities.
Larry represents publicly held, middle-market and start-up companies on a variety of tax savings and business strategies. He has extensive experience in executive compensation and stock option planning, and has advised clients on corporate mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and redemptions.
When it comes to estate and financial planning, Larry has broad experience in advising individuals, families and businesses on developing and implementing creative, tailored strategies designed to preserve wealth. Those planning strategies focus on business succession planning and passing wealth from one generation to the next. He also advises clients on the use of life insurance in estate and financial planning. He regularly consults with clients on retirement planning matters. Larry is also a frequent writer and accomplished speaker, presenting to diverse groups on various technical tax and business topics.
- Industrial Scientific Corporation, member of the Board of Directors.
- Counsels high income individuals on complex income tax planning and compliance matters.
- Counsels high net worth individuals on estate planning and succession planning strategies and implementation.
- Represents clients in tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax authorities.
- Represents publicly held, middle-market, and start-up companies in tax savings and business strategies.
- Counsels clients on corporate mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and redemptions.
- Counsels individuals working outside the U.S., and non-U.S. citizens working in the U.S., on specific planning opportunities.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pittsburgh Tax Club, Past President
- Board of Directors, World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh
- Editorial Board, Pennsylvania CPA Journal
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh
- Numerous not-for-profit boards
- Recognized as an AV® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review
- 2001 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 1984-2001 Tax Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers (formerly Coopers & Lybrand)
- 1976 J.D., University of Kentucky
- 1973 B.S., University of Kentucky
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court