Nelson Crichton, an attorney in the firm’s Banking Group, focuses his practice on representing both borrowers and lenders (both senior and mezzanine) in a wide variety of financing transactions
These financing transactions include secured and unsecured commercial financing transactions (including syndicated and bilateral credit facilities, senior and subordinated credit facilities, cross-border transactions, asset based credit facilities, acquisition financing, real estate financing, loan restructurings and workouts). Nelson has experience covering a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, construction, real estate development, aerospace, maritime, agricultural, financial services and transportation.
In addition to his banking practice, Nelson also has significant experience representing both Franchisees and Franchisors in a variety of industries (including the food and beverage and services industries) in matters involving corporate formation, negotiation of Franchise Agreements and Development Agreements and regulatory compliance (drafting and updating Franchise Disclosure Documents).
- Nelson has extensive experience representing financial institutions (both in agency and non-agency capacity) in asset based and quasi-asset based transaction involving borrowers in the manufacturing, chemical, consumer, health care, financial, technology, aviation and agricultural industries in transactions ranging from $1 Million to $300 Million.
- Represented the administrative agent in a $90 Million syndicated credit facility for a public company in the defense industry as part of a multi-tranche capital structure that included the issuance of high yield bonds.
- Represented the administrative agent in a $35 Million syndicated credit facility for a private manufacturing company in connection with an acquisition by a private equity sponsor as part of a multi-tranche capital structure that included second-lien debt and seller notes.
- Represented the administrative agent in a $94 Million syndicated credit facility for a health care provider.
- Represented sole lender in a $23 Million asset based credit facility for an HVAC system distributor as part of a multi-tranche capital structure including mezzanine financing.
- Represented a private software development company specializing in the healthcare sector in connection with a $25 Million senior secured credit facility and a $7.5 Million senior secured note offering.
- Represented a national banking association in connection with a receivables purchase agreement for the factoring of foreign accounts receivable.
- Represented a national banking association in connection with a lease strip transaction.
- 2014: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2008: Thomson Hine LLP
- 2006: Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- 2006: J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- 2003: B.A., Magna cum laude, The Ohio State University
- Western District of Pennsylvania