Nicholas Holland is a member of the Tax, Trusts, and Estate group at Metz Lewis.
His primary practice focus is individual tax planning, estate planning and estate administration for high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals. Nick concentrates his practice on providing practical advice with the goal of implementing strategies to transfer family wealth in tax-efficient ways while also balancing each client’s unique set of circumstances and objectives in each plan.
Nick’s clients include executives of publicly-traded and privately-held companies, business owners, doctors, lawyers, and other successful professionals. Nick believes in a comprehensive planning approach and works closely with his clients and their trusted advisors to deliver a superior plan.
- Provide clients with comprehensive income tax planning services for high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, businesses, and families.
- Develop and implement estate planning and gifting strategies to maximize the use of lifetime estate and gift tax exemption and generation skipping tax exemption.
- Design and implement business succession strategies for closely-held business interests.
- Advise and implement pre-transaction estate planning strategies to maximize the leveraging of estate and gift tax exemption.
- Create comprehensive and tax efficient estate plans for clients with foreign assets and clients who are citizens of multiple countries.
- Represent clients in tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities.
- Provide comprehensive estate and trust administration services for complex estates and trusts.
Firm Management Positions
- Future Leaders Panel Member
Speaking EngagementsNick has provided several continuing professional education courses on estate planning strategies sponsored through Pennsylvania State University and The Community College of Allegheny County:
- “Making an Exit Plan,” Pennsylvania State University, Beaver Campus, December 2017
- “Making an Exit Plan,” Greentree Crowne Plaza, December 2017
- “Balancing Business and Personal Priorities,” The Community College of Allegheny County, North Campus, October 2018
- “Balancing Business and Personal Priorities,” The Community College of Allegheny County, Boyce Campus, October 2018
- “Accountants and Lawyers – an Integrated Approach to Pre-Sale Transaction Planning,” Greentree Crowne Plaza, November 2018
- Mercyhurst University – former adjunct professor, estate planning
- The Pittsburgh Foundation's Young Professional Advisors Committee member
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- 2015 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2012 MacDonald Illig Jones & Britton LLP
- 2012 J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- 2008 B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, Accounting, University of Pittsburgh