Stephen (Rick) Ban’s practice ranges from estate planning and administration to antitrust litigation, and includes mergers and acquisitions as well as estate and commercial litigation. His niche at Metz Lewis is his estate work, and he finds it especially rewarding helping worried people solve their tough problems.
Throughout his career, Rick has counseled individuals, families, and businesses in the creation of succession plans. Rick also has broad experience in estate and trust administration, representing individual and local bank fiduciaries, and estate litigation.
For over 30 years, Rick has represented clients in a variety of Sherman Act and Robinson-Patman antitrust actions across the United States involving health care reimbursement, professional boycotts, insurance, hardware cooperatives, trade associations, roofing distribution, wholesale and retail beverage distribution and heavy construction equipment, as well as antitrust class actions. He counsels clients on transactional matters, merger compliance and the creation of antitrust compliance programs and represents clients in enforcement agency investigations.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- American Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Recognized as an AV® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review
- 2005 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 1975 Springer Bush & Perry, P.C.
- 1975 J.D., Duquesne University School of Law Board of Editors, Duquesne Law Review
- 1972 B.S., Journalism, Ohio University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania