Brian Must is the chairman of the Commercial Litigation Group, and oversees the firm’s litigation practice.
Brian’s focus is trying cases. His own practice concerns a wide variety of commercial disputes, including breach of contract, breach of warranty, shareholder actions, directors and officers claims, corporate and successor liability cases, oil and gas disputes, and employment disputes. Whether jury trials, injunctions or arbitrations, Brian’s practice is focused on the trial aspect of litigation.
Brian thoroughly enjoys trial work, and obtaining favorable results for the firm’s clients. Brian also serves an active role on the firm’s management team. As a founding member at Metz Lewis, he strives to maintain a culture of professionalism and dedication to client service.
Brian and his wife have three sons. Brian spends his free time as a runner and spending time with his family.
- Commercial and Complex Litigation
- Oil and Gas Leasing and Litigation
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Commercial Litigation every year since 2011
- Admitted to The Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Past Co-Chair, Appellate Advocacy Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Recognized as an AV® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review
- 1998 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC Member, Executive Committee Chairman, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group
- 1987 Dickie, McCamey&Chilcote, P.C.
- 1987 J.D., University of Tulsa Member of the Tulsa Law Review Order of the Barristers
- 1984 B.A., Grove City College
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Various District Courts throughout the United States