Christian Stoffan advises clients on a wide variety of real estate transactional matters.
Chris routinely represents purchasers and sellers of commercial real estate assets and a significant part of his practice includes the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters (including office, industrial/flex and retail spaces). Chris also represents borrowers and lenders in finance transactions which are secured by real estate collateral.
Chris has been named to the “Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch” list in 2021, 2022 and 2023 for Corporate Law and Real Estate Law.
- Represent real estate investors in the acquisition, finance and re-finance of multi-family housing assets.
- Represent owners and tenants of high-rise office buildings in Pittsburgh’s Central Business District.
- Represent business owners in the acquisition, finance, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate ventures, including the negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, due diligence support, negotiation of lease agreements, loan documentation, together with related business entity formation and corporate guidance.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in connection with various types of real estate financing transactions (including Agency and traditional mortgage loans).
- Represent one of the largest banks in the United States in connection with dispositions and leasing transactions.
- Represented publicly traded biotech company in build-to-suit lease agreement and eventual exercise of purchase option for 150,000 square foot state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Represented client in acquisition of 333-acre multi-modal transloading facility located along the Ohio River.
- Represented leading supplier and distributor of commercial construction products with 23 branch locations in 15 states in equity sale to a U.S. subsidiary of a publicly traded Swiss company.
- Represented client in acquisition of a gated apartment community including more than 500 apartment units and corresponding amenities.
- Real estate
- Corporate and securities
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Member, NAIOP
- BA, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010
- JD, Wake Forest University School of Law, 2013, Recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Award® – Community Law and Business Clinic
- North Carolina