David Horvitz became extensively involved in loan documentation near the outset of his career, and he’s been in that arena ever since.
His banking practice involves secured lending, debt and equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, and other business transactions.
Working with lenders and borrowers, Dave provides advice and representation in a wide variety of finance transactions. He routinely represents commercial lenders in the negotiation and drafting of complex commercial loan documentation in the areas of corporate and asset based lending, commercial real estate and construction financing.
Dave also has a diverse range of experience in corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, joint ventures, public and private sale of debt and equity securities, senior and subordinated debt financing, shareholder matters and product sales and distribution networking.
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE
- Represented an asset based lender in connection with a credit facility consisting of a $25,000,000 revolving credit loan and a $1,500,000 term loan for use by a multi-state wholesaler.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a credit facility of $22,000,000 consisting of a revolving credit facility and two term loans, to be used in part for acquisition financing.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with an $27,000,000 credit facility consisting of a $25,000,000 revolving credit facility and a $2,000,000 standby equipment term loan.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with the issuance of a $23,000,000 letter of credit to support a bond issuance.
- GENERAL CORPORATE
- Acted as lead counsel to shareholders of a privately-owned electrical engineering and manufacturing company in a $105,000,000 stock sale of the company and its Canadian and Mexican subsidiaries to a publicly-traded corporation.
- Represented shareholders of an information and technology software and services company in the sale of a majority interest in the company to a publicly-traded corporation.
- Represented shareholders in the stock sale of a company operating over 200 entertainment kiosks in regional malls.
- Represented principal founders of a company organized to purchase out of bankruptcy the assets of a regional brewery, including the negotiation of a shareholders agreement among the principal founders and other investors.
- Acted as outside general counsel for a regional brewery, including negotiation and drafting of branding agreements, distribution agreements and agreements to acquire other breweries.
- Commercial Finance Services
- Corporate and Business Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Listed in the 2013 and edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Recognized as an AV® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review
- 2000 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC Co-Chairman, Commercial Lending, Creditor's Rights, Workout and Bankruptcy Group
- 1981 J.D., Duquesne University School of Law Senior Staff Member, Duquesne Law Review
- 1978 B.A., University of Pittsburgh
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania