Jonathan is the Chairman of the Real Estate Group, regularly handles transactions with the Corporate and Banking Groups, and specializes in counseling companies, private equity funds, family offices, banks and individuals with respect to a broad range of transactional matters.
Jonathan has particular expertise in mergers, acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions and financing transactions. In 2021, Jonathan was selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star” for the eighth consecutive year, and by the Best Lawyers publication as a “Best Lawyer” for Real Estate Law and Corporate Law for the second consecutive year.
- Handled a number of matters relating to the acquisition, financing, operation and equity funding of professional sports teams, including the acquisition of the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, Phoenix Coyotes, Erie SeaWolves, Frisco Roughriders, Chattanooga Lookouts, Rochester Americans and Buffalo Bandits.
- Represented professional sports teams in connection with lease negotiations, granting stadium/arena naming rights, and implementing various concessionaire relationships.
- Represented a publicly traded company in connection with domestic and international strategic acquisitions.
- Represent private equity funds in connection with the acquisition and disposition of office, industrial, multifamily and retail assets.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in connection with various types of real estate financing transactions (including CMBS, Agency, CTL, construction, and traditional mortgage loans).
- Represent the owners of high-rise office buildings in Pittsburgh’s CBD (over 3 million square feet total) in connection with various corporate, leasing, financing and construction matters.
- Represented multiple companies in connection with build-to-suit transactions for corporate headquarters, distribution facilities and flex buildings.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Member, American Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association – Corporate and Real Property Sections
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, ICSC
- D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2007 Executive Editor and Notes Advisor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- B.A., Ohio University, 2004
- Universidad de Sevilla, 2003