Jonathan is a Member in our Real Estate, Corporate and Banking Groups who specializes in counseling companies, family offices, individuals and banks with respect to a broad range of transactional matters.
Jonathan has particular expertise in mergers, acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions and financing transactions. He has been selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star” for the seventh consecutive year in 2020. He has also been recognized in the 2020 Best Lawyers publication as a Best Lawyer in the areas of Corporate Law and Real Estate Law.
- Handled a number of matters relating to the acquisition, financing, operation and equity funding of professional sports teams, including the acquisition of the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, Phoenix Coyotes, Erie SeaWolves, Frisco Roughriders, Chattanooga Lookouts, Rochester Americans and Buffalo Bandits.
- Represented professional sports teams in connection with lease negotiations, granting stadium/arena naming rights, and implementing various concessionaire relationships.
- Represent investment funds in connection with the acquisition of office buildings and related financing (traditional and CMBS).
- Represent the owners of high-rise office buildings in Pittsburgh’s CBD (over 3 million square feet total) in connection with various corporate, leasing, financing and construction matters.
- Represented a publicly traded company in connection with domestic and international strategic acquisitions.
- Represented multiple companies in connection with build-to-suit transactions for corporate headquarters, distribution facilities and flex buildings.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Member, American Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association – Corporate and Real Property Sections
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, ICSC
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2007 Executive Editor and Notes Advisor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- B.B.A., Ohio University, 2004
- Universidad de Sevilla, 2003