Jonathan Altman is the Chair of the Firm’s Real Estate Practice Group, and an active member of the Firm’s Corporate and Banking Practice Groups.
He specializes in counseling companies, private equity funds, family offices, banks, and individuals with respect to a broad range of transactional matters.
Jon has particular expertise in mergers, acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions, and financing transactions. Jon is recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star” (2014 through 2022), and by the Best Lawyers publication as a “Best Lawyer” for Real Estate Law and Corporate Law (2020 through 2023).
- Represent private equity funds in connection with the acquisition and disposition of office, industrial, multifamily, and retail assets.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in connection with various types of real estate financing transactions (including CMBS, Agency, CTL, construction, and traditional mortgage loans).
- Represent the owners of high-rise office buildings in Pittsburgh’s Central Business District (over 6 million square feet total) in connection with various corporate, leasing, financing, and construction matters.
- Represented multiple companies in connection with build-to-suit transactions for corporate headquarters, distribution facilities and flex buildings.
- Represent one of the ten largest banks in the U.S. in connection with various corporate real estate matters (primarily dispositions, leasing, and development).
- Handled a number of matters relating to the acquisition, financing, operation and equity funding of professional sports teams, including the acquisition of the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, Phoenix Coyotes, Erie SeaWolves, Frisco Roughriders, Chattanooga Lookouts, Rochester Americans and Buffalo Bandits.
- Represented professional sports teams in connection with lease negotiations, granting stadium/arena naming rights, and implementing various concessionaire relationships.
- Represent private equity funds in connection with M&A transactions, real estate transactions, and matters related to debt and equity financing.
- Represented a publicly traded company in connection with domestic and international strategic acquisitions.
- Real Estate Acquisition, Development & Disposition
- Leasing for Office, Industrial and Retail Buildings
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sports Law
- Emerging Businesses
- General Corporate Counseling
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Member, American Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association – Corporate and Real Property Sections
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, ICSC
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2007 (Executive Editor and Notes Advisor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review)
- B.A., Ohio University, 2004
- Universidad de Sevilla, 2003