Leilani, a Founding Member and Corporate Attorney of Metz Lewis, has a long firm history of representing clients. Currently, Leilani works as the Transaction Director of our Corporate Group. She manages the diligence process, drives internal compliance with our transaction protocol, coordinates closing matters and assures efficient utilization of our resources. Prior to her role as Transaction Director, Leilani specialized in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. Leilani also has Big Four experience, having previously worked as a CPA for Deloitte in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Represented large, multi-national industrial products corporation in nationwide corporate acquisitions. Representation included preparation of comprehensive due diligence memorandum, preparation of documentation and deliverables for senior mezzanine lenders, interface with private equity fund, and preparation of transaction documents.
- Implemented and executed reorganizational and restructuring strategies, which involved mergers, conversions, dissolutions and formations of holding companies. Representation included a healthcare entity comprised of 20 affiliated companies, an international manufacturer comprised on 15 subsidiaries, and an industrial products corporation consisting of 7 related entities.
- Represented biotechnology companies in the sale of various rounds of preferred stock and bridge financing.
- Represented physician groups in the operational and formation aspects of ancillary services and joint ventures.
- Advised health care groups in general health care matters and regulatory compliance.
- Counseled minority-owned and women-owned businesses in certification processes with federal, state and local agencies.
- Advised emerging companies in the business and tax aspects of entity formation.
- Represented non-profit corporations seeking tax-exempt status from federal and state governments.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- 1998: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 1995: Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C.
- 1989: Certified Public Accountant, Deloitte
- 1996: J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law Associate Comment Editor, Duquesne Law Review
- 1989: B.S. B.A., magna cum laude, Accounting and Finance, West Virginia University