LeRoy Metz practices tax, business, and estate planning law.
He also manages the business end of the firm. He takes pride in working with some of the finest people he knows, people who set the standard for professional ability and ethical conduct.
LeRoy is on the Board of Trustees of the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. He has seen ballet companies all over the country, and contends that Pittsburgh’s ballet is one of the best.
- Represented numerous buyers and sellers in various corporate acquisitions, sales and mergers.
- Assisted clients in shareholder disputes to achieve business settlements to problems and avoid expensive, bitter and lengthy litigation.
- Represented businesses from idea, through incorporation, several rounds of equity and debt sales and ultimately profitable sale of the enterprise.
- Assisted corporate clients victimized by embezzlement by trusted employees through recovery of funds and prosecution of perpetrators.
- Obtained numerous IRS agreements to compromise tax debts for a fraction of the liability based upon either an original mistake by the IRS or taxpayer's diminished ability to pay.
- Prevented disastrous estate tax from befalling estates of terminally ill individuals who had no wills by obtaining court appointment of family members as guardians and directing assets to trusts with tax saving provisions.
- Corporate Transactions and Securities
- Tax, Estate, and Financial Planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Listed in 2013 and 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (Tax Law)
- Listed as "2012 Top Rated Lawyers® in Mergers & Acquisitions" in The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel magazine
- Chosen by Pittsburgh Magazine as a Select Wealth Manager for 2012
- Five Star Estate Planning Attorney
- Recognized as an AV® rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review
- First recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in 2004
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Past Chair, Tax Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President, Pittsburgh Tax Club
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh
- Trustee and Past Chair, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- Chairman of the Board, Ductmate Industries, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Zippo Manufacturing Co. and W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co.
- Board of Directors for Cernostics
- Member of National Association of Corporate Directors
- 1998 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC President Member of the Executive Committee
- 1975 J.D., University of Pittsburgh
- 1972 M.B.A., University of Utah
- 1969 B.S., West Virginia University
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania