Matthew Borges is a Patent Attorney in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Corporate groups.
He has experience prosecuting patent applications regarding mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemistry, life sciences, and medical devices.
Matthew gained practical experience with molecular biology research during college, focusing on heme transport mechanisms in Sickle Cell Disease patients and the use of CRISPR gene editing technology.
- General Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Related Matters
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association
- 2017 University of Pittsburgh Honors College Health Sciences Fellow
- 2021 J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Intellectual Property and Innovation Law Concentration
- Lead Managing Editor – Journal of Law and Commerce vol. 39; Senior Editor – JURIST; Teaching Assistant – Legal Writing
- 2018 B.S., magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh
- Microbiology; minor in Chemistry
- United States Patent & Trademark Office