Alison Viola is a highly motivated and dynamic commercial litigator with experience in a broad range of litigation matters.
At Metz Lewis, Ali focuses her commercial litigation practice on breach of contract, breach of warranty, and shareholder disputes. She also has experience with product liability litigation, pharmaceutical litigation, financial servicing issues and foreclosure litigation, and mass tort litigation. Clients can expect a diligent work ethic and transparent communication on each and every matter.
While earning her law degree, Ali served as a law clerk and summer associate at Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC. During this time she gained valuable experience in financial services litigation, primarily concentrating on foreclosure actions. At the Duquesne University School of Law she was a Torts Teaching Assistant to first-year law students and served as an Associate Editor of the Duquesne Law Review. Additionally, Ali was an active member of the Duquesne Appellate Moot Court Board and competed in the August A. Rendigs National Products Liability Competition (2017) and the Touro Law and Religion Competition (2016).
In her free time, Ali enjoys working out, hiking with her dog, and cooking.
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Complex and Commercial Business Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division and Civil Litigation Sections
- Women’s Institute for Leadership in Law
- 2021: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
- 2017: Eckert Seamans Cherin Mellott, LLC
- 2017: J.D., summa cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law; Duquesne Law Review, Executive Editor; Appellate Moot Court, Member; Torts I & II Teaching Assistant; C.A.L.I. Awards: Appellate Practice and Procedure, Civil Procedure, and Family Law
- 2013: B.S. Criminal Justice, Minor History, summa cum laude, Youngstown State University
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia