There have been many changes to the way employee benefit plans are regulated and administered, especially for non-profit institutions. Please join our panel of employee benefits specialists and an investment professional for a special event covering the regulatory updates, best practices, and challenges involved in operating non-profit benefit plans. Presenters include:
Terry Connerton, Esq. -Member, Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
Arthur Hazen, AIFA® -Director of Retirement Plans, BPU Investment Management, Inc.
Richard Fischer, CPA – Partner, Louis Plung & Company, LLP
The program will cover the following topics and more:
- What types of retirement plans may non-profits sponsor to provide retirement benefits for their employees?
- What features may a 403(b) plan have to enhance benefits provided to executive and other employees?
- When is a plan covered by ERISA, what responsibilities do ERISA fiduciaries have to that plan?
- What is best practice for plan fiduciaries with regard to plan investments for participants?
- When does a plan have to file Form 5500s and/or have a financial plan audit?
- If there are compliance problems, how are they fixed?
Sheraton Station Square Hotel
300 West Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
RSVP by Friday, March 29 to Rachel Gawlas email@example.com or 412-918-1116.