John Paul Regan is a diligent and detail-oriented commercial litigator with experience in a diverse array of legal practice areas.
At Metz Lewis, John Paul’s practice focuses on commercial contract disputes, energy law, especially oil and gas, mortgage foreclosures, and regulatory compliance. John Paul employs a disciplined approach to each client matter, whether representing individuals or multi-national corporations. Further, his significant appellate experience lends him an objective eye towards each dispute, and considerable insight into the Court’s thinking and methodology. As a member of a large family, John Paul grew up with a strong sense of community and collaboration.
As a result of these experiences, John Paul has become a patient, yet fierce, advocate with a keen desire to find creative solutions to disputes. He encourages collaboration, and he strives to arrive at well-reasoned resolutions to every challenge.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Appellate Practice Committee
- Environmental Law Section
- 2018 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
- 2016 Pennsylvania Superior Court
- 2015 J.D., cum laude, University of Pittsburgh School of Law (Journal of Law and Commerce, Lead Managing Editor; JURIST, Associate Editor; Legal Writing and Analysis, Teaching Assistant; Legal Writing and Analysis, Research Assistant; CALI Awards: Real Estate Transactions, Alternative Dispute Resolutions)
- 2012 M.A. Philosophy, University of Tennessee
- 2008 B.A. Philosophy, Minor Religious Studies, The Pennsylvania State University
- Western District of Pennsylvania