Bryan helps clients leverage their technology, know-how, and intellectual property in a commercial context.
Clients rely on Bryan for counsel on relationships ranging from manufacturing, distribution, and supply to technology development and licensing and joint ventures.
Bryan has closed commercial transactions in industries including software and data analytics, high tech manufacturing, food and healthcare products, and chemical manufacturing and distribution. He routinely assists clients manage commercial and regulatory risk in these industries, including FDA, ITAR, and Export regulation compliance. Clients appreciate Bryan’s technical acumen and practical approach to negotiation, resolving critical issues while preserving business opportunities.
Beyond contract negotiation, Bryan assists clients implement and refine contract and risk management programs to streamline processes while increasing institutional awareness. Bryan has assisted clients with contract life-cycle management programs, cyber liability and risk management programs, and sales force training programs.
Bryan also assists clients in connection with acquisitions of businesses and product lines, including negotiating debt and equity financing arrangements ancillary to those acquisitions and providing regulatory compliance guidance in connection with those transactions.
- Act as outside general counsel for manufacturing and distribution companies, assisting with supply chain and other commercial relationship issues and opportunities as they arise.
- Negotiate domestic and international agreements in connection with the development and commercialization of data and technology.
- Provide CFIUS compliance guidance in connection with foreign investment in US companies.
- Provide CHOW compliance guidance in connection with healthcare organization transactions.
- Assess commercial and regulatory risk in connection with M&A transactions.
- Provide antitrust and commercial law training to members of clients’ sales forces.
- Assisted with the design and implementation of a contract management program for a U.S. industrial parts distributor.
- Assisted medical device manufacturer finance and acquire product line from global medical device manufacturer.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- 2005: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2004: Stonecipher, Cunningham, Beard & Schmitt, P.C.
- 2004 JD, cum laude, University of Pittsburgh
- Editor, Journal of Law and Commerce
- Student Note published at 23 J.L. & Comm. 205 (2004)
- Samuelson/Glushko Fellow; Aldisert Award Recipient
- 2000 BS, Allegheny College
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Northern District of Ohio