Bryan Seigworth is a member of Metz Lewis’ corporate and securities practice, where he counsels clients in all aspects of their commercial relationships.
Commercial transactions – including research and development, manufacturing, distribution, purchase/sale, and licensing agreements – are the heart of every business’s operations. Bryan has substantial experience navigating the myriad issues that arise in connection with these relationships.
Bryan structures and negotiates clients’ commercial relationships to minimize risk and maximize opportunity at all stages of the business cycle. Clients appreciate Bryan’s technical acumen and practical approach to negotiation, resolving critical issues while preserving the business opportunities presented.
Bryan has particular experience in the manufacturing and distribution space. From complex international manufacturing and distribution relationships to cross-border technology licensing to routine confidentiality and sales agreements, Bryan understands and helps clients manage commercial and regulatory risk in industries ranging from automobile parts and industrial chemicals to medical devices and food products.
Beyond contract negotiation, Bryan leverages his substantial litigation experience to assist clients implement and refine contract and risk management programs to streamline processes while increasing institutional awareness. In particular, Bryan has experience developing and refining contract life-cycle management programs, cyber liability and risk management programs, and sales force training programs.
Bryan also assists clients in connection with acquisitions of businesses and product lines, including negotiating debt and equity financing arrangements ancillary to such acquisitions.
- Act as outside general counsel for U.S. operations of E.U.-based manufacturing and distribution companies and myriad U.S.-based companies, resolving customer and supplier issues as they arise.
- Assisted with the design and implementation of a contract management program for a U.S. industrial parts distributor.
- Provide U.C.C. and antitrust training to members of clients’ sales force.
- Assisted medical device manufacturer finance and acquire product line from global medical device manufacturer.
- Assisted distributor/dealer clients acquire complementary business and product lines.
- Substantial experience negotiating exclusivity, restrictive covenants, performance, and payment/royalty terms in manufacturing, distribution, and technology licensing agreements.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Admitted to practice:
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Northern District of Ohio
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation Children's Trust
- Grantmaker’s Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- 2005: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2004: Stonecipher, Cunningham, Beard & Schmitt, P.C.
- Legal extern for the Honorable Maurice B. Cohill, Jr., Senior Judge, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- 2004: J.D., cum laude, University of Pittsburgh Editor, Journal of Law and Commerce Note, "Injuring Competition and Impeding the Progress of Science: Why Bowers v. BayState Technologies Was Wrongly Decided," 23 J.L. & Comm. 205 (2004) Recipient of CALI Awards for Excellence and the Aldisert Award
- 2000: B.S., Allegheny College
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio