Jessica Hauth Mozingo is an intellectual property lawyer and registered patent attorney.
Her practice focuses on the strategic protection of technology and business assets through patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing and agreements, both domestically and internationally. Her practice includes:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Coordinating with associates outside the United States for obtaining IP protection abroad
- Portfolio development and management in the context of the client’s goals and objectives
- Advising on and preparing agreements relating to confidentiality, technology and IP asset ownership and transfer, and collaborations
- Conducting due diligence regarding technology and IP assets and ownership
- Providing opinions concerning infringement, right to use and patent and trademark clearance and availability
- Brand development and management
- Advising on the protection of trade secrets.
Jessica also enforces and protects IP assets through litigation and pre-suit negotiations.Her experience covers many technology areas, including medical devices, biotechnology, energy, waste remediation, optics, pharmaceuticals, web-based systems and mechanical devices.
Jessica also sits on the firm’s Future Leaders Panel which assists the Executive Committee with firm management, is involved with recruiting, and is active in the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
- Conducted due diligence review of patent rights worldwide for global chemicals and materials producer
- Organized and maintained global patent portfolio of various medical device companies
- Represented major generic drug company in numerous cases challenging the patents on brand-name drugs
- Successfully invalidated a pharmaceutical drug patent following trial on behalf of a major generic drug company
- Represented patent owner in infringement litigation regarding hurricane protection technology
- Conducted inventorship determination for a private university for a biotechnology patent application
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property, Science & Technology sections)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- BioFlorida (Miami-Broward Chapter Leadership Team past member)
- American Chemical Society (past member)
- 2015 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O'Keefe LLC
- 2013 McGuireWoods LLP
- 2008 Malloy & Malloy, P.L.
- 2008 J.D., University of Miami
- 2005 M.S., Emory University (Biological & Biomedical Sciences)
- 2003 B.S., Emory University (Chemistry)
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida