Timothy Berkebile is an experienced construction attorney and commercial litigator.
He represents owners, lenders, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, sureties, and design professionals on public and private construction projects. Tim regularly advises clients regarding construction delivery systems, risk allocation, and dispute resolution, and drafts, reviews, and negotiates complex construction contracts. His construction litigation and advising experience spans a broad spectrum of residential, retail build-out, commercial, and industrial construction projects. Tim has handled bid protests; claims involving withheld superior knowledge and negligent misrepresentation; mechanic’s liens, bond claims, and general payment disputes; disruption, delay, and inefficiency claims; differing site conditions; allegations of fraud; and matters involving defective products, work, or design.
In addition to his construction litigation and advising experience, Tim has litigated cases involving commercial sales, product liability, trade secret misappropriation, non-disclosure agreements, tortious interference, unfair competition, commercial internet defamation, negotiable instruments, minority shareholder oppression, security interests, insurance coverage, and regulated industries.
- Litigated wrongful termination case involving withheld superior knowledge, cardinal change, and alleged False Claims Act violations.
- Drafted and negotiated design and construction agreements for various hotel projects nationwide.
- Represented, advised, and counseled various public universities and colleges in connection with major construction projects and disputes.
- Pursued and defended against mechanic’s liens filed against fee simple and leasehold interests in condominiums, retail spaces, hotels, gas lines, industrial sites, easements, and other real property.
- Litigated numerous cases involving delay, disruption, inefficiency, defects, termination, prompt payment acts, and public procurement.
- Proactively and efficiently resolved multiple commercial internet defamation cases involving anonymous individuals or companies posting or electronically disseminating demonstrably false information.
- Litigated series of cases involving trade secret misappropriation, non-disclosure agreements, tortious interference, unfair competition, and trademark infringement.
- Advised and drafted agreement for national brand regarding time-sensitive equipment procurement and installation.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Construction Law Section Council (2018-2021)
- 2018 Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
- 2004 Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC
- 2004 J.D., cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
- Washington University Law Review, Associate Editor
- 2001 B.S., The Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania