Justin helps clients manage and reduce the risks and costs associated with litigation by assisting in the development and implementation of strategies to resolve disputes affecting businesses and financial institutions.
As a litigator, Justin’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, representing clients in a wide range of business disputes from breach of contract to commercial real estate matters, and financial services litigation, representing banks, mortgage loan servicers, collection agencies, and related financial institutions in banking and financing litigation, mortgage foreclosure actions, and lender liability cases in both state and federal court.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Successfully represented local manufacturing company at trial and on appeal in case that favorably modified a land use restriction and court injunction to allow client to proceed with a multimillion dollar development of a long-dormant property.
- Represented securities investment firm in case involving claims of breach of contract and FINRA regulatory compliance.
- Represented and successfully resolved claims under the False Claims Act asserted in federal court against regional engineering and construction firm.
- Obtained favorable state court nonjury verdict in favor of real estate broker and agent in defense of claims arising from failed commercial real estate transaction.
- Financial Services Litigation
- Successfully represented mortgage loan servicer in defense of lender liability claims arising under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and related federal and state laws.
- Defended regional bank in defense of claims involving forged checks and unauthorized wire transfers under UCC Articles 3, 4, and 4A and unauthorized stock sales.
- Represented national bank in defense of lender liability, fraud, and RICO claims arising out of plaintiff’s failed purchase of company’s assets in bankruptcy.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Recognized as a Pennsylvania Rising Star (2013-2015)
- 2010: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
- 2005: Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLP
- 2005: J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law Research Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- 2002: B.A., summa cum laude, Syracuse University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania