As a litigator, Justin’s practice focuses on commercial and employment litigation. He represents businesses and financial institutions in a wide range of disputes involving breach of contract, commercial real estate, trade secrets, and lender liability issues.
He also counsels businesses in a variety of employment-related matters, ranging from employment agreements, litigation avoidance and compliance issues, and litigation in administrative proceedings and state and federal court defending employers against claims of age, sex, and disability discrimination.
Representative MattersLitigation and Dispute Resolution
- Successfully represented local manufacturing company at trial and on appeal in case that favorably modified a land use restriction and court injunction to allow client to proceed with a multimillion dollar development of a long-dormant property.
- Represented securities investment firm in case involving claims of breach of contract and FINRA regulatory compliance.
- Represented and successfully resolved claims under the False Claims Act asserted in federal court against regional engineering and construction firm.
- Obtained favorable state court nonjury verdict in favor of real estate broker and agent in defense of claims arising from failed commercial real estate transaction.
- Successfully represented mortgage loan servicer in defense of lender liability claims arising under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and related federal and state laws.
- Defended regional bank in defense of claims involving forged checks and unauthorized wire transfers under UCC Articles 3, 4, and 4A and unauthorized stock sales.
- Represented national bank in defense of lender liability, fraud, and RICO claims arising out of plaintiff’s failed purchase of company’s assets in bankruptcy.
- Successfully represented employer in enforcing non-compete/non-solicitation agreement to restrict former employee’s disclosure of employer’s trade secrets.
- Represented employers in defense of claims alleging age, sex, and disability discrimination and retaliation.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Recognized as a Pennsylvania Rising Star (2013-2015)
- 2010: Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC
- 2005: Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLP
- 2005: J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law Research Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- 2002: B.A., summa cum laude, Syracuse University
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania