Manning J. “Jim” O’Connor II is a Member at Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC.
Jim has more than 30 years of trial experience in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and several other states. He represents businesses in a wide range of disputes involving all aspects of employment litigation. These include breaches of contract, harassment, and discrimination claims; non-compete/non-solicitation agreements; and trade secrets, among others. He also handles complex commercial litigation matters.
In addition, Mr. O’Connor has many years of experience in health care litigation, and he has represented hospitals and physicians in, and advised on, regulatory and patient care issues, contract disputes, licensing and credentialing matters, insurance disputes, and corporate compliance.
Mr. O’Connor has negotiated contracts for media personalities and other celebrities. He has also served as special counsel to numerous municipalities on a variety of legal issues.
An educator and frequent speaker, Mr. O’Connor serves on the adjunct faculty at Duquesne University School of Law, and he regularly speaks at seminars and conferences on the topics of trial evidence, employment litigation, commercial litigation and risk management. He was appointed by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to serve on the Pennsylvania CLE Board, which oversees the rules and regulations for continuing legal education in the Commonwealth.
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania CLE Board
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion on the 2010-2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® lists in the field of business litigation
- Selected for inclusion on the 2012 Top Rated Lawyers list by Corporate Counsel’s Guide to Health Care Law
- Selected for the Allegheny County Bar Foundation Class of 2015 Fellows
- 1983 J.D., Duquesne University
- 1980 B.A., cum laude, Duquesne University
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Tax Court